Through our J-1 Visa Program, exclusively for BABC members, you are now able to bring qualified trainees into the United States – of any nationality from anywhere in the world – in a quick, cost-effective, reliable and user-friendly way.
The British-American Business Council has received US Government authorization to expand our J-1 Visa Program so that BABC member companies can now use this program to bring eligible students and recent graduates of any nationality from anywhere in the world into the United States to work as interns for up to 12 months – as well as continue to use the program to bring in current employees for up to 18 months under our pre-existing J-1 Visa Program.
Why use the J-1 Visa?
- Bring top talent to your company by providing exposure to U.S. culture and hands-on experience in U.S. business practices
- Broaden the national/cultural demographics/understanding of your team
- Enhance employee recruitment/retention by offering US assignments
- Improve communication and understanding between US and overseas offices
- Build global management teams for tomorrow
- Get support for your startup company, while providing employees/interns an experience to witness first-hand the creativity and vibrancy of a startup
- Companies utilize this visa category to develop global talent. In 2011, as an example, more than 28,000 individuals traveled to the U.S. pursuant to a J-1 visa in order to participate in a training program as an intern or trainee.
Advantages of using BABC’s J-1 Visa Program
- Quick: can process completed applications within 5 business days
- Reliable: authorized by the US Department of State since 1986
- User-Friendly: all administration/logistics handled by Program Administrator at British American Business Council
Cost of Application
For more information on the J1 Visa program and an application click here: BABC J1 Visa Program.